Monday, May 7, 2012

Basil Challenged

I seem to be basil challenged. I have tried growing it twice and both times the plants died. Both were starter plants, one the "traditional" kind of basil and this last one I pulled up yesterday was "pesto perfect basil" with a nice lemony scent. I have other herbs in the area I planted them that are thriving. I wonder if my soil is not good for basil or if I've just gotten "bad" plants. Both were from different vendors. I won't give up, though, I really want some fresh basil to go with all the tomatoes I'll have soon! I should talk to the knowledgeable folks at the local nursery and see what they think before/when I buy the next plant. I wouldn't think basil would be difficult, but for me, it is.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindi - I just posted a really lengthy (yet hopefully informative) bit on growing Basil... maybe it will offer some help?
    http://femmefactotum.blogspot.com/2012/06/gardening-101-herbs.html

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Juliana. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete