Saturday, May 12, 2012

Buddy, the garden helper

My garden is fenced in so the dogs do not trample upon or pee on it. However, I allowed my 2 month old foster puppy, Buddy, to keep me company when I got him because I figured his light weight couldn't do much damage. Fast forward 3 months and Buddy, aka Sgt TJ "Woodchuck" Chopper is now 5 months old and weighs a bit more, 35 lbs at last weighing a couple weeks ago. He is quite leggy now, as is my rainbow chard.

Rainbow chard & foster puppy Buddy
He kind of knows the ok places to walk and not, but still has his puppy moments. However, there have been a few recent times I have accepted his help digging when I turn in an area for a new planting or sowing. Maybe I can teach him to sniff out and destroy weeds while he's still here. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment