Saturday, May 19, 2012

The state of today's garden

Some of the corn is coming up. Seems to be mostly Early Sunglow. Hopefully the Jubilee just takes a bit longer to germinate. It's only been 6 days so I'm not too worried, yet.

My purple bush bean plants are dying. They came up really well but have totally dried out and are just not looking good. I think I may pull them and resow them somewhere else.

The eggplant starter I planted at the same time as the tomatoes has not grown, at all, so I don't have very high hopes for it.

The red mustard went crazy and tons of flowers shot up. Pulled both plants up and pulled the tender leaves for a salad. The rest will be going to a friend for her bunnies. The lettuces also all got really tall.

I found a bunch of ants on the chard plants but only up top where it's starting to seed. Weird. I think I may cut the chard back in hopes it grows up again.

The Yukon gold plants are starting to die which is a good thing as it means it's almost time to harvest. Red potato plants still look pretty healthy.

The most exciting news: found two small fruits on the Juliet tomato plant. It's got a bunch of nice flower clusters.   The Berkeley Tie Dye is still the only one that hasn't flowered yet, but is growing and looking healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment